Des Moines Drunk Driving Defense Lawyer
As a West Des Moines drunk driving defense attorney and founder of the Berger Law Firm, P.C., Peter Berger is committed to protecting the rights of the accused and to protecting the interests of those who have been harmed in an accident. With more than 45 years of experience, you can count on attorney Berger to fight to help you obtain the best possible results.
Providing a Strong Defense Against Iowa Felony and Misdemeanor Criminal Charges
From his office in Urbandale, attorney Peter Berger will work hard to provide a strong defense against both state and federal criminal charges, including:
- Federal criminal defense : Including charges involving drugs, weapons, white collar crimes, fraud, murder, homicide, embezzlement and money laundering.
- State criminal defense : Including charges involving domestic abuse, no contact orders, assaults of all degrees, willful injury, theft, burglary, robbery, manslaughter, murder, sexual abuse, child endangerment, meth, cocaine and marijuana (possession, delivery, and growing operations), computer crimes, pornography, and crimes involving OWI (DWI/drunk driving) and traffic offenses.
- Federal drug and white collar charges : Including charges of drug trafficking, drug conspiracy, drug manufacturing, drug distribution, money laundering, weapons charges, fraud, embezzlement and RICO violations.
- OWI/DWI/DUI charges : Peter Berger can defend and guide you through the process and help try to minimize the charges and costs you are facing.
- State drug charges : Including charges of drug possession, drug sales, possession of drug paraphernalia and drug manufacturing.
- Sex crimes : Including charges involving sexual abuse, child pornography, solicitation of a minor, sexual assault, rape, child endangerment, and all types and degrees of assault charges.
- Domestic abuse : Attorney Petter Berger can help individuals and families sort out complicated domestic abuse charges.
- Internet pornography charges : Including possession or distribution of child pornography and solicitation of a minor.
- Probation and parole hearings: Skilled representation for those accused of probation violations and parole violations.
- Traffic stops : Peter Berger can answer any questions you may have related to your stop and subsequent criminal charges.
- Murder : Including voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter and vehicular homicide.
Dedicated Representation in Serious Injury Cases Throughout Iowa
In addition to criminal defense, attorney Berger also holds negligent parties accountable in injury cases, including:
- Personal injury : Including motor vehicle accidents, defective and dangerous products, products liability, nursing home neglect and abuse, premises liability, and slip-and-fall cases.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Including car accidents, pedestrian accidents, truck and motorcycle accidents.
- Medical malpractice : Including claims related to surgical errors, failure to diagnose, misdiagnosis, birth injuries and medication errors.
- Premises liability : Including injuries arising from slips-and-falls, trips-and-falls, inadequate lighting and negligent security.
- Traumatic brain injuries : Including closed head injuries, brain damage, post-concussion syndrome and skull fractures.
- Federal 1983 claims : Including claims related to injuries caused by police brutality and police officer misconduct.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect: Including claims involving dehydration, falls, nursing errors, physical abuse, sexual abuse, failure to treat infections and exposure to the elements.
Work injuries and workers’ compensation: Including claims of back injuries, neck injuries, construction site accidents, manufacturing accidents, and other on-the-job accidents and injuries.
Representing People Throughout Iowa in State and Federal Courts
Peter Berger and his staff work hard for clients. While he will consider every option to get you the results you need, he will not shy away from taking your battle to the courtroom, if necessary, to get what is right for you. Free initial consultations are provided. In personal injury cases, there are no fees unless there is a financial recovery (contingency fee).
When it comes to the law, experience counts. When your future is on the line, turn to an attorney who has been through this before. Turn to someone who understands the process and knows the steps to take to protect your rights. For over 45 years of experience on your side, turn to Peter W. Berger at the Berger Law Firm, P.C.
Contact an Ames Car Accident Attorney
Whether you have been seriously injured in a drunk driving accident or have been charged with a state or federal crime, contact us online or call us at 515-288-8888 to request a free consultation.